I love slip dress. Being a short person, I find slip dress enchances the natural curves of my body. The best of all, it fits in all occasions. For casual, just wear a t-shirt underneath, looks cute!
As I’m a beginner and I don’t know how to look at pattern yet, I bought the wrong size for myself. Ugh.
My first project is a pair of lounge pants. I got help from my mother in law that is how I finished my first sewing project. It is really easy, exactly like the front of the envolope.I did all the rookie mistakes. I used seam ripper, and undo about 5 times with the same seam. I learned from my mistake after a million times, because one time is not enough.
What I learned so far:
- Always sew seams to seam!
- Sew using 5/8 inch on sewing machine unless state otherwise.
- To turn a spaghetti strap, sew long yarn inside and pull it inside out.
The instructions are really clear and easy to understand. I just got the wrong size for myself and that caused me to do several major alterations.
Changes I made with this pattern:
- Shorten the waist by 1 inch.
- Shorten the dress to above my knees
- I skipped the zipper. I do not like how my thread shown on the fabric.
Recommended. I will do it again but maybe, getting the right size first.